Sunday, May 14, 2017

And A Happy Mother's Day Was Had

 I'm posting late this Mother's Day as I was celebrating with my own mother today.  Then, well you know, a mother's job is never finished so I had to start the laundry and begin to get things ready for the week ahead.
I played along with yesterday's Inspiration Challenge for this card.  I chose this product on Etsy as my inspiration piece. I used a Flourishes, lc image called A Mother's Hug for my card.  At first I stamped this image in black, but it just looked too stark to me.  I stamped it again with Vintage Photo ink and I was off to the races.  I grabbed some more distress inks and colored the rest of the image.  This led to sponging and more sponging.  Finally, I had a complete card.
A big Thank You to my mom and to all the other hard working moms out there.  I hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day. Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps:A Mother's Hug (Flourishes, lc); Paper: Watercolor Paper, Soft Suede, 7 Gypsies Victoria dp; Ink: Vintage Photo, Worn Lipstick, Tumbled Glass, Shaded Lilac, Crushed Olive, Dried Marigold, Spun Sugar, Antique Linen; Accessories: Aqua painter, stampin' sponge, Victoria crochet trim, Rosey photo corners, stampin' dimensionals.

1 comment:

fusiafscrapping said...

I don't know where to start, such beautiful card. This stamp is really gorgeous and all that inkiness...oh my!