Saturday, May 20, 2017

Friends of Flourishes and Embossing

Hello and Happy Saturday! My teammate, Vickie, chose the theme of this week's Friends of Flourishes challenge. This week, we are all using embossing on our cards. Be on the lookout for some new Flourishes images that you are really going to love!
Oh boy!  Look at this amazing cake on a beautiful pedestal!  Yesterday was my daughter's birthday and I can't say that my cupcakes looked anything like this.  However, the 11-year old girls that I was entertaining had zero complaints.  After cupcakes, they ran straight back outside to play until dark!  I re-sized this image and printed it out on vellum.  Next, I flipped it over and colored it on the back of the vellum.  Finally, I chose a card design to showcase that amazing cake.
Lauren Pope illustrated this darling set called Luscious Layers!  It's currently available as a digital set in the Flourishes store. I adore it and can't wait to do some more work with it! Now it's time to visit the Friends of Flourishes and see what type of embossing they have done: Davi,GloriaKrenShirleyToni and Vickie.

Thanks for stopping by!  

Details - Stamps: Luscious Layers (Flourishes, lc); Paper: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Vellum; Ink: Pretty in Pink, Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade, Basic Gray, Yo Yo Yellow, Melon Mambo and Real Red; Accessories: Scor-Pal, Scor-Tape, glue dots, pearls, Argyle embossing folder.

2 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so pretty and you have colored the cake perfectly. I love this new Flourishes image.

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful design and card. Love the colors you used.